Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm having company!

It's been a while, but there's not too much to update you on. It's mostly been business as usual. We went to Yad Vashem, the Holocaust museum in Jerusalem, on Monday. Of course the content of the museum is amazing and disturbing but the actual, physical museum building itself is very interesting.  There's a lot of symbolism in the architecture of the building, the location, the way you are forced to walk through the museum. There was a lot of thought put into and you can feel it.   In other museums you passively see and read about what happened to other people some time in history. Here, it's more of an experience. You learn the facts about what happened but you also feel a little bit of the weight of it all as well.




On a much lighter note, and more exciting at the moment, Evan (my brother) is coming to Israel on Birthright in January! I'm really excited, for him and for myself. It will be really nice to see family, especially in January, 4-5 months after I left the US. Since I was on my trip last year I have been looking forward to him coming here. I had an great time and I kept thinking to myself "This is awesome! Evan would really like this!" It will be cool that he's here while I am too. I would love to be able to show him where I am living a little because it's hard to explain exactly what its like on a kibbutz.  (Speaking of, my friend here has a blog also and he took some pics/videos of the kibbutz in general, like off the ulpan, if you are interested:  http://jakesexcursion.blogspot.com/2010/10/kibbutz-life.html .) Even if he cant come here, I'll definitely meet up with his group somewhere along the way. It kind of feels like I am having company!

No comments:

Post a Comment