Monday, October 25, 2010

Learning and Doing New Things

Just as I am saying there that new things aren't happening here...I try something new.

Last night we had a barbecue (different post about that) so at work in the morning we had to prepare the food for later.  I was told we would have to "clean up" the chicken wings. I assumed that meant cut off the pieces of extra fat or little extra pieces, rinse them off a little. Oh no! "Clean up" the chicken means pull out all the extra feathers that still in  the skin.  You only need to worry about the big ones, the ones that look like feathers. The little ones are alright to leave, because they will just burn off in the fire. It's a pretty tedious job when you are making wings for 40 people.  Needless to say, plucking feathers out of chicken wings was an exciting new experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment